Today has been a busy day for me so far! My friend from back in New Jersey, Lindy, has been talking with me about joining her team as a Thirty-One sales consultant.
After discussing it with my husband, doing research, and asking lots of questions; I have decided to join Lindy’s team!
Now some of you who have known me for awhile know I have tried my hand at catalog sales before including putting myself into debt (over $10,000) with a well-known makeup company. Trust me when I say a lot of my questions were based around my previous experience with MLM (Multi-Level Marketing).
What made you join after what you had been through?
1. God. The biggest thing for me (and Roy) was that Thirty-One is a Christian based company. The name itself is based on Proverbs 31:10-31; this part of the passage talks about a wife of “noble character”(NIV) or who “fears the LORD” (ESV).
2. No inventory. You don’t have to buy any inventory, ever. Especially since a lot of the products can be personalized (i.e. monogrammed) so everything is “special ordered”.
3. Lindy. Lindy has known me since I was little. She attended the same church as my family for years and was always one of the cool kids to me. But it wasn’t till 2012 when my sister June recruited me to help with Awana Clubs at her church that Lindy and I started becoming friends. Her encouragement as a sister-in-Christ, a stay-at-home-mom, and a homeschooling mom has been a big help to me! She answered all of my questions and let me know that not only would she be there to help but that the company has a great support system as well.
4. I ❤ Thirty-One. Okay, I admit it. I’m a bit of a Thirty-One fanatic. And the opportunity to make a little money selling the product I love on top of getting free product made this sound like a winner!
5. If it doesn’t work, that’s okay. If down the road I find that this just isn’t working, it is so easy to stop selling! No inventory to return.
6. Starter Kit/”Samples”. The starter kit (for $99 + tax and shipping) gives you over $300 worth of product. These bags and things you can use personally or keep to the side to use only as show “samples”. And all of the products I got for my bridal shower are other great samples/ideas!
I am so excited to be working not only with this great company, but also with Lindy and her growing team!
My Thirty-One website is up and running:
You can stop by and place an order outside of using a party or you can contact me if you are interested in hosting a party! Keep in mind parties can be done as catalog parties or online/Facebook parties!
My second new shop is my Etsy shop!
I am still putting together inventory to list so there isn’t much up right now. But I will be selling my crochet projects (baby shoes, scarves, shawls, cowls, etc.) My goal is to sell the items at fair prices. A lot of people try to charge for not only the price of the yarn, but also a “per hour fee” for how long it took them to make the item. That isn’t a concern for me! I crochet because I like it and it relaxes me, not because I want to charge $25 for a pair of shoes that only cost me $7 to make!
Right now I will take special orders/requests on a first-come-first-serve basis.